My friend CP is a fantastic baker.
A few weeks ago, I asked her if she would be willing to share some of her recipes with the readers of Rasa Malaysia and she gladly said yes.
I chose four baking recipes from her, which I will be posting in the next few weeks.
They are all great stuff, and I hope you will love what she shares with us.
Spongey Chinese Mini Egg Cake
This mini egg cake or 鸡蛋糕, caught my attention when I was going through her photos.
These mini cakes were my favorite when I was growing up as my mother would always buy them from the market, and I would snack on it the whole day: breakfast, tea, supper… or whenever I am hungry.
So this recipe does bring back a lot of childhood memories.
Ingredients for Mini Egg Cakes
It is an easy recipe and takes less than 1 hour, so everyone can make this.
There are no special ingredients involved so there is no need to stock up on new ingredients.
All you need is:
- Baking powder
Trust me, these mini egg cakes are soft, pillowy, and absolutely tasty.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 4 large eggs
- 7 oz. (200 g) castor sugar or fine sugar, do not use icing or powderd sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 6 oz. (180 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 oz. (25 g) Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Whip eggs, castor sugar and salt with wire whisk at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Fold in sifted flour mixture (all purpose flour and baking powder) with rubber spatula until well combined.
- Add oil lastly and mix until well combined.
- Pour into greased and floured 3.75 X 2-inch flora cupcake moulds, or paper lined muffin tin.
- Bake at the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove cakes from the moulds immediately after baking. Set aside to cool.
Oil can be omitted but the cake will taste a bit dry. Please follow the metric measurement for best results.