Are you ready for the holidays?
I am not sure about you, but I am so ready.
In fact, I have been in the holiday mood since after Thanksgiving and I have been taking things slow on the blog.
I am sure you have noticed that I have posted only very few new recipes from me, yes, I am totally slacking off in the kitchen department.
Lucky for me, I can always count on my diligent and amazing contributors to cover for me when I take the much needed R&R.
I need it, actually everyone needs it.
So hopefully, after almost one year of hard work, you’re also taking things slow this holiday season, and soaking in the quality time with your loved ones, nothing is more important than that.
My contributor CP Choong is back with a new cheesecake recipe.
I seriously think that she makes the best cheesecake in the whole world.
This NO BAKE chilled cheesecake is another easy cheesecake recipe that you don’t have to bake.
Just mix everything together, shove it in the refrigerator, chill it overnight and you have this amazing and delicious cheesecake that is very creamy, with a texture so light that it tastes like a mousse cheesecake.
There is no gelatin to firm up the texture of the cake so if you are in a tropical place, please be warned that this chilled cheesecake might get soft very fast and “melt.”
To make sure that there is no mess, it’s best you chill the cake in a container to avoid the messy work of removing the cheesecake from the pan.
For the toppings, you can be creative.
This one is topped with store-bought caramel sauce and garnished with some chocolate candy balls.
You can also top it with berries such as blueberries or strawberries.
The possibilities are endless so enjoy and happy baking!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 277 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Chilled Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
No bake chilled cheesecake – super easy chilled cheesecake made with cream cheese and whipping cream. Super creamy and sinfully delicious.
- 7 oz graham cracker or Oreo, crushed (approx 2 cups) (200 g)
- 1/2 stick melted butter (70 g)
- 2 blocks cream cheese (500 g)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar (120 g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ¾ cup – 2 cups whipping cream (450 g)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (25 g)
- 8 " Springform pan / 7" square loose base baking tin
- I used 5 X 4" springform pan
- 1Combine ingredients (A) and press into the springform pan. Chilled.
- 2Beat cream cheese from ingredients (B) till smooth at low speed. Add sugar and lemon juice and mix well in medium speed until smooth.
- 3From ingredients (C), whip the cream and sugar till medium peak forms and the mixture is no longer runny.
- 4Combine both cheese mixture and whipped cream. Pour into prepared pan and chilled overnight.
This recipe has no gelatin, thus the texture is soft and creamy. Best to warm your knife before cutting and make sure you wipe it clean with a damp cloth after cutting. Besides springform pan (whole cake), you can use any sizes of cups/bowls/glasses/ramekins as container, just need to equally divide the mixture and chilled. In fact, it's easier if you don't use a pan. Besides the topping stated above, you may change to any desired toppings, for examples: fresh fruits, berry compote, crushed nuts, caramel sauce, chocolate ganache, etc.