Nutella Cheesecake Bars with Oreo Base – Crazy decadent and rich cheesecake bar loaded with Nutella, must-try recipe!
Happy Mother’s Day!
It’s our annual vacation here in Malaysia (and Asia) when Rasa Malaysia kitchen is closed.
The vacation is coming to an end and in a week’s time I will be back to normal posting schedule where more delicious and easy recipes will be posted on Rasa Malaysia.
For right now, let’s celebrate my contributor’s baking recipes.
Recently she shared with us the meyer lemon pound cake, and today, she has these sinfully decadent Nutella Cheesecake Bar.
Just a couple of days ago, I read it that New York gets its first Nutella bar.
In the Nutella bar, you will get Nutella smeared on various baked goods, from brioche to crepes to Nutella sandwiches.
This is a grand idea, especially for people who love Nutella.
My contributor CP Choong loves Nutella, and she made these Nutella Cheesecake Bars a couple of weeks ago.
If you love Nutella Cheesecake, you will love Nutella Cheesecake Bars because they are made with Oreo crumbs (as the base), cream cheese, and Nutella.
For sure, I know many kids will love this, and this can be their favorite dessert other than brownies.
Look at the photos, can you resist these square bars of Nutella, Cheesecake, and Oreo deliciousness?
I know I can’t, and I hope you will love them, too.
Have a wonderful Mother’s Day!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 262 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 cups Oreo crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces (450g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, halved and seeds scraped (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325F (170C). Butter an 8×8 baking dish and line with parchment paper, making sure that the parchment is well pressed in the corners. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse Oreos until they become crumbs. Add in melted butter and pulse until moistened. Press Oreo mixture evenly into the bottom of your baking dish. Bake crust until set, about 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Clean out the food processor. Add cream cheese, eggs, sugar, ¼ cup heavy cream, and vanilla. Pulse until smooth. Put 2/3 of the cream cheese mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Add Nutella and 1 tablespoon of heavy cream to the remaining 1/3 cream cheese mixture in the processor. Pulse until smooth.
- To assemble, spread the plain cheesecake mixture over the cooled Oreo crust, being careful of the crust. Then pour the Nutella cheesecake layer on top of the plain cheesecake layer and spread evenly.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for about 35 minutes, or until the center jiggles slightly. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a cooling rack. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, lift the bars out of the pan by lifting up the parchment paper (it should release easily). Cut into 16 squares and serve.
Put the Nutella cheesecake mixture into a piping bag, then pipe on top of the plain cheesecake layer, to get more even layer than spreading.
Serving Size16 bars
Amount Per Serving Calories 262Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 10gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 64mgSodium 199mgCarbohydrates 21gSugar 14gProtein 3g