I am writing this from Beijing (yes, Beijing again!).
The local time is 10:30 AM and the sky is grey and very overcast (or is it pollution?).
Back in the United States, summer is in full bloom now. The sun is scorching hot, all flowers blossom, young senoritas are strutting their stuff in short shorts, but most evidently, everywhere you turn to, there is a party going on–be in on the beach, at the parks, inside or outside the house, or at the club house. Summer is always fun in the United States.
Since this is the first summer Rasa Malaysia celebrates, I thought I would share some of my favorite summer recipes with you…
Have you ever served grilled cherry tomatoes with bacon at your parties? If not, do try this out. It’s real simple to make but the end results are delicious, pretty, and a total crowd-pleaser for your parties all summer long.
I first had them in Tokyo a few years ago and now am hopelessly hooked. This is also a must-have item for me whenever I have Japanese yakitori…
I am not going to write a lengthy post so I will let the pictures speak the words for me. Click the above to view the complete gallery.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 94 calories per serving.
Bacon Wrapped Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
Bacon-wrapped Cherry Tomatoes recipe - It’s really simple to make and the end results are delicious, pretty, and a total crowd-pleaser!
- 1 pack cherry tomatoes (12 oz)
- 1 pack bacon (12 oz)
- toothpicks, soak the toothpicks in water for a few hours
- Nanami Togarashi, Japanese assorted chili pepper
- 1Cut the bacon strip into half-length. Put the cherry tomato towards the end of the bacon strip and wrap tight. Hold the cherry tomato with a toothpick, set aside. Sprinkle some Nanami Togarashi onto the bacon.
- 2Heat up an indoor grill and grill until the bacon turns brown and crisp. For an outdoor grill, use low heat. Serve immediately.
You can get Nanami Togarashi at the Asian section of any food stores.