Shrimp and cheese spring rolls. I think I had you at the title of this recipe!
These shrimp spring rolls are not your typical spring rolls.
Made with succulent and marinated shrimp and cheddar cheese (yes, cheese!), they are bound to wow your palate and have you begged for more.
Everyone could use some spring rolls, and this spring roll is special because the filling is not the regular filling of vegetables, but fresh, succulent, and juicy shrimp.
To sweeten the deal, I decided to add some cheese so every bite of the spring roll is sinfully good and cheesy.
For the spring roll wrapper, I always choose the smaller piece for this recipe (there are two sizes but choose the smaller ones).
The smaller spring roll wrapper is just the right size to wrap the shrimp and cheese filling.
For the deep-frying, you can easily do these in batches in a medium-sized sauce pan.
Use a pair of long, wooden chopsticks to turn the shrimp spring rolls around so both sides of the spring rolls turn a nice golden brown.
I love serving these shrimp and cheese spring rolls at parties because they are such a crowd pleaser.
For the dipping sauce, you can use either chili sauce with sesame seeds, or mayonnaise.
Either way, you can’t go wrong with this appetizer and I bet your friends will be bribing you for this shrimp and cheese spring rolls recipe as soon as they taste the goods!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 73 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 50 medium sized shrimp (shelled and deveined but leave the tail on)
- 50 spring roll skin (small piece)
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese, cut into very tiny cubes
- 2 scallions (finely chopped)
- 1 egg white (lightly whisked for sealing)
- Pat dry the shrimp with paper towels and marinate with the Marinade ingredients. Add in the scallions and. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Add in some cheddar cheese before wrapping each shrimp with spring roll skin. Please refer to the wrapping guide pictures below to wrap the spring rolls. Use the egg white to seal the edges.
- Heat up a frying pan or saute pan with oil and deep fry the shrimp spring rolls until golden brown and crispy. Serve hot with bottled chili sauce with sesame seeds and/or mayonnaise.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.