FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST FOR EASY DELICIOUS RECIPES EVERY DAY!
Singapore Hokkien Mee Recipe
250g Yellow Noodle
250g White thick rice vermicelli
350g Squid (Sotong)
200g Pork Belly
40g Green chives
750ml Chicken stock
5g Chopped garlic
1/2 tbsp Fish sauce
1 dash Pepper
1 dash Sesame oil
1. Peel the prawn head. In a hot wok, add a tbsp oil and fry the prawn head until fragrant. Add fried prawn head into chicken stock and boil for 30mins to 1 hour. (I usually reserve the uncooked prawn shells and prawn heads from other dishes and keep them frozen in the freezer)
2. Add the pork belly into the stock and boil for 45mins. Take out the pork belly and cool. Cut pork belly into strips. ( I am not a big fan of pork belly hence I have omitted this)
3. Blanch prawns and squid in boiling water. Drain and cut the squid into rings.
4. Into a hot wok, add 1 tbsp of oil, fry the garlic until fragrant. Add in egg and scramble.
5. Add in yellow noodle and rice vermicelli. Fry for a few minutes until noodles just begin to sear. (Use high heat)
6. Add 1/3 of prawn stock and seasoning. Fry until stock is almost dry. Add another 1/3 of prawn stock. Cover wok to braise the noodles on medium low heat. (5 to 7 mins)
7. Lastly add in prawn, squid, chives and fry together. Add remaining stock, fry for 1 min and plate. Serve with sambal chilli and lime.