Soto Ayam RecipeJanuary 6th, 2009Recipes, Indonesian Recipes, Recipes, Malaysian Recipes, Recipes26 Comments
Recipe: Soto Ayam
2 chicken whole legs or breasts (bone-in)
2 big red onions
4-spices (1 star anise seed, 3 cloves, 3 cardamon & 1-inch cinnamon stick)
Rinsed 5 cups water
1/3 cup coconut milk
Salt and sugar to taste
5 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Grind onion, garlic and ginger in the blender.
2. In a pot, heat the oil and add the 4-spices until fragrant. Add in the gounded ingredients and stir continuosly until fragrant.
3. Add water and chicken, let it boil. About 30 min.
4. Take the chicken out and let them cool.
5. Add coconut milk into the pot together with salt and sugar to taste. If necessary, add another cup of water.
6. In the meantime, shred the meat of the chicken and add them back into the pot together with the bones. Let it boil for another 15-20min. Serve hot with rice cakes/nasi impit (cut into bite-sized cubes) or vermicelli and bean sprouts.