Almond chicken is one of the most popular Chinese recipes here in the United States.
Much like its close cousin Cashew Chicken, silky smooth, juicy and tender chicken cubes are stir-fried in the savory Chinese brown sauce, with vegetables such as sugar snap peas (or snow peas), carrots, with lots of almonds.
I love almonds; they add an amazing texture and nutty flavors to the chicken.
Every bite of the chicken is accompanied by the crunchy almonds.
Together with the mouthwatering brown sauce, almond chicken is a perfect weeknight dinner dish that is filling and delicious.
The sweetest thing about this recipe is that it takes less than 20 minutes.
The sauces can be found at the International aisle of regular supermarkets now so there is no need to go to Chinatown or Asian stores.
Double up the portion if you have a big family.
Make this tonight and I am sure you won’t get another takeout of Almond Chicken again!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 473 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 12 oz. skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1- inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced into pieces
- 1 cup sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, sliced into pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Rinse the chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes. Transfer the chicken to a bowl and add the corn starch. Mix with a spoon so each piece of the chicken is coated well with the corn starch. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients in the Brown Sauce together. Set aside.
- Heat up a wok or skillet on high heat with the oil. Add the ginger and stir-fry until aromatic, follow by the chicken. Stir fry the chicken fry until the surface turns white. Add the sugar snap peas, baby carrots and almonds. Stir to combine well.
- Add the Brown Sauce into the wok or skillet. Stir to combine well with the chicken. As soon as the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through, dish out and serve immediately.
If the sauce is too thick, add a bit water to loosen it up during the stir fry.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 473Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 108mgSodium 975mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 42g