Chicken Stir Fry
One of the most important techniques in Chinese cooking is stir fry. If you love Chinese food, you have to master this technique.
Many popular Chinese recipes are simple chicken stir fry where raw chicken are sliced to pieces, velveted with corn starch, and then stir-fried in a hot wok or skillet.
In this recipe tutorial, you will learn how to make tender and juicy chicken just like Chinese restaurants.
Onion and scallions are two common ingredients but when they are combined with chicken and flash cooked through stir fry with a crazy delicious brown sauce, you will have a dish that is sure to please, even the pickiest eater.
Chinese Brown Sauce
Many people love the savory brown sauce in many Chinese stir fry dishes. The brown sauce is amazing when drizzled on top of steamed rice or chow mein.
It also adds great flavors to proteins such as chicken and beef. The best recipe for Chinese brown sauce calls for oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, white pepper and corn starch, which you will learn in my recipe section.
The sauce shouldn’t be gooey but nicely coat the ingredients.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 327 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Onion Scallion Chicken Recipe
Onion Scallion Chicken - tender and juicy chicken stir-fry with onions and scallions in mouthwatering Chinese brown sauce. This easy recipe takes only 20 minutes and goes well with rice or noodles.
- 8 oz boneless and skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 stalks scallion, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1- inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients in Marinade for 10 minutes. Mix all the ingredients in the Sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 2Heat up a wok or skillet with 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil and stir-fry the marinated chicken until the surface turns white (half done). Dish out and set aside.
- 3Heat up the remaining oil and stir-fry the onion and ginger until aromatic. Add the chicken into the wok or skillet and do a few quick stirs before adding the Sauce. Continue to stir-fry until the chicken is completely cooked, then add the scallions into the wok. Do a few quick stirs, dish out and serve hot with steamed rice.