I love hasselback potatoes. Recently, I got a new WÜSTHOF CLASSIC 7-inch Hollow Edge Chai Dao.
As you all know, I specialize in Asian cooking and I can’t do without a good Chinese cleaver in the kitchen. Literally, Chai Dao means “vegetable knife” in Chinese language…basically it is the most important knife we use in our kitchen.
To test drive my new toy, I decided to make Bacon Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes.
Other Recipes You Might Like
When making hasselback potatoes, make sure you control the cutting so you don’t cut through the potatoes! You can use a ladle to cradle the potatoes while you cut and slice the potato.
As you can see from my photos, I had a great looking and extremely delicious potato, sliced thinly, loaded with parmesan cheese in between each slit and topped with crispy bacon.
Heavenly, so much so that my son gobbled it up during dinner.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 367 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 4 large yukon gold potatoes
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 5 slices bacon, chopped in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Clean potatoes and pat dry.
- Cut vertical slices in the potato, 1/8 to 1/4 inch wide. Make the slices deep but don't cut all the way through the potato.
- Slice the butter in thin pieces and then cut in half. Place butter slices in alternating slits of the potato. Season with Kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Put potatoes on a sheet pan or in a casserole dish and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, basting with the melted butter every 15 minutes. Potatoes are done when the skin is crispy and the flesh is easily pierced with a fork.
- While potatoes are baking, in a medium skillet cook bacon on medium high until golden brown and most of the fat is rendered. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Top potatoes with cheese (you can nestle some of the cheese into the slits) and cover so the cheese melts (or place back in the warm oven for a few minutes). Top the potatoes with the bacon and serve warm.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 367Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 13gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 59mgSodium 490mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 4gProtein 12g