It’s past 10 pm and it’s actually a very bad idea to be writing this amazing and crazy delicious Blueberry-Cream Cheese Pull-Apart Bread recipe.
Why? Because now I wished I could grab the bread off my computer screen, as a late-night sweet treat before my bed time.
As the name suggested, this is a pull-apart bread recipe.
The layer of the bread dough is loaded with cream cheese and fresh blueberries.
And after baking, the dough transforms into a sweet and decadent pull-apart bread that you just can’t stop eating, not just late nights, but as a breakfast, afternoon tea, or whenever.
I sure won’t mind eating this bread any time of the day!
This Blueberry-Cream Cheese Pull-Apart Bread recipe is extremely easy to make, with store-bought frozen dough.
Just look at the mouthwatering pictures, they don’t lie, and I urge you to get the ingredients and make it immediately.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 436 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 pound (30 g) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 2 ounces (56 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 cup blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar, for serving
- Roll and stretch the dough into a 12-inch square on a lightly floured surface. Combine the cream cheese, lemon zest and nutmeg in a bowl. Spread over the dough. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons each granulated sugar and sliced almonds, then the blueberries, pressing lightly. Cut into 16 small squares and make 4 stacks of 4 squares each. Place each stack on its side in a buttered 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Gently separate the dough layers so the dough fills the pan. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon each granulated sugar and sliced almonds. Cover the loaf loosely with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place until the dough rises by half its size, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Bake the loaf until it's browned and cooked through, 40 to 45 minutes (tent with foil if it's browning too quickly). Let cool 15 minutes in the pan, then loosen the edges with a knife. Remove to a plate and let cool 30 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 436Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 15mgSodium 579mgCarbohydrates 69gFiber 4gSugar 13gProtein 9g