CHEESEBURGER SLIDERS RECIPE
These cheesy, flavorful baked cheeseburger sliders are one of the favorite burger recipes for any season and any occasion. They are easy to prepare and taste just as perfect as the classic cheeseburger you will get from restaurant.
Making a large batch of cheeseburgers and grilling a ton of patties one at a time is stressful and tiring. However, this recipe is a lifesaver and the result is always guaranteed.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS?
It’s a perfect recipe for busy moms, young professionals, and those who need to prepare a quick and delicious weeknight dinner.
It’s one of the best recipes to make for a crowd or a dinner for game night. Make a large batch in advance and serve them individually whenever you are ready.
These sliders are freezer-friendly. You can make them ahead of time and store them in the freezer for those busy weeknights.
Mini homemade cheeseburger sliders call for:
- Ground beef
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- White onion
- Cheddar cheese
- Homemade slider buns
- Unsalted butter
- Roasted white sesame seeds
- Fresh lettuce
Homemade slider buns are my first recommendation for these sliders; they are healthier and taste better. You may also make these mini cheeseburger sliders with King’s Hawaiian dinner rolls if you don’t have time to make buns.
There are some good substitutes for cheddar cheese, such as American cheese, Swiss, Monterey cheese, or any melty cheese you prefer.
If you don’t like fresh greens for topping, you may certainly switch them to pickles, thinly sliced red onion, or jalapeño for options.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESEBURGER SLIDERS?
Making these mouthwatering cheeseburger sliders are quick and easy.
First, marinate the ground beef and diced white onion in a bowl with other seasoning ingredients. Mix well and bake the beef in the oven until well done.
Next, slice the buns in half lengthwise and place them on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Assemble the cheeseburger slider with cooked beef and cheddar cheese. Brush the buns with melted butter and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Bake until the cheese is melted.
Finally, serve these cheeseburger sliders immediately with fresh lettuce and tomato slices for toppings.
For the best result, please follow these tips:
- Choose lean ground beef rather than higher fat, so the meat has less fat to drain and won’t make the sliders soggy.
- Brush the sliders with melted butter and sprinkle sesame seeds on top before the final bake. It helps to create crunchy and buttery sliders in the oven.
- Any homemade slider buns or dinner rolls will work for this recipe. You may also buy premade rolls at the store.
- You can always double the recipe to make a larger batch of cheeseburger sliders at once.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I make cheeseburger sliders ahead of time?
Yes, you can absolutely make cheeseburger sliders one day ahead then cover them with aluminum foil (or plastic wrap) and refrigerate.
Make sure not to add lettuce and other toppings until they have been reheated and are ready to serve.
How to reheat the leftover cheeseburger sliders?
To reheat, brush the cheeseburger sliders with melted butter and microwave for 15 seconds until the cheese is melted.
HOW MANY CALORIES PER SERVING?
This recipe has 349 calories per serving.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 pound (500 grams) lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 white onion (diced)
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 9 slider buns
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon roasted white sesame seeds
- Lettuce (for topping)
- Cherry tomatoes (sliced, for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C).
- Marinate ground beef with salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl. Add diced white onion and mix well. Transfer the beef to a 2 qt rectangle baking pan and press gently into an even layer. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until well done. Drain out the fat and liquid, divide the beef into 9 equal squares, and set them aside.
- Slice the slider buns in half lengthwise and place the bottom halves on a 9x13-inch (23 x 33cm) baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Arrange the cooked beef and cheddar cheese slices on the buns and complete the sliders with the top half of the buns.
- Brush the top of the buns with melted butter and sprinkle white sesame seeds on top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove the sliders from the oven and add lettuce and tomato slices for topping. Serve immediately.
- Choose lean ground beef rather than fattier options, so the meat has less fat to drain and won't make the sliders soggy.
- Brush the sliders with melted butter and sprinkle sesame seeds on top before the final bake. It helps to make crunchy and buttery sliders in the oven.
- Any homemade slider buns or dinner rolls will work for this recipe. You may also buy slider buns at the store.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.