Easy pork slider recipe. This pork slider is made with five-spice powder, so delicious and easy grilled pork sliders that everyone loves!
Ever since White Castle introduced the world to their “sliders,” it really is no surprise that these mini-burgers have since become a hit at any party or picnic.
As they say, good things come in small packages, sliders are not only visually appealing as appetizers or finger food, but also easily customizable to suit anyone’s tastes.
For this recipe, I am throwing in an Asian flair by using leftover Asian slaw from my last post and also pork patties seasoned with Chinese five-spice powder.
For those who aren’t familiar with five-spice powder, it is a seasoning mixture commonly used in Asian cooking to marinate meats consisting of ground-up cinnamon, cloves, fennel seeds, star anise, and Sichuan peppercorns.
Summer is just right around the corner so hopefully you will get a chance to fire up that grill soon and wow your guests with this recipe.
Alternatively you can broil the patties in a conventional oven or fry them in a cast iron skillet.
It’s just more fun at an outdoor grill among good company.
So, what’s your favorite meat patty for sliders?
Grilled Chinese 5-spice Pork Sliders Recipe
Pork slider and pork slider recipe. This pork slider is made with five-spice powder. Delicious and easy grilled pork sliders that everyone loves.
- 8-10 slider buns
- grilled 5-spice pork patties
- Asian slaw, or other toppings of your choice
- spicy yogurt dressing
Grilled Chinese 5-spice Pork:
Spicy Yogurt Dressing:
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoon chili sauce or Siracha
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1In a bowl, mix all the pork patties ingredients well. Set aside and marinade for an hour.
- 2Make oversize golf balls, which would yield about 2-inches in diameter of pork patties. Set aside until ready to grill.
Prepare the Asian Slaw, or your choice of toppings.
- 4Make the Spicy Yogurt Dressing. Whisk together all the ingredients, adjust salt, pepper and other seasonings as per taste. Set aside to chill until ready to use.
- 5Preheat oven broiler/grill to High heat. When the grill pan is smoky hot, brush a little oil over it, arrange the pork patties onto the pan, and grill for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the patties are nicely charred and cooked through. Remove from oven and prepare to assemble the sliders. If you prefer, cut each patty into half, like I did here.
- 6Spread the Spicy Yogurt onto the buns. Arrange 2 halves of the split pork patty for each slider bun. Top it with the Asian Slaw, or your choice of toppings and gently press the top half of the bun over the slaw. Ready to serve.