However, I always wanted the cheesy garlic naan on the menu, which means I have to pay for them on top of the buffet.
Well, that doesn’t always work out so I have decided to develop this cheesy garlic naan recipe and make them myself.
Unlike regular naan, which is already delicious, this cheesy garlic naan elevates the plain naan to the next level.
First they are brushed with melted garlic butter, then topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
As the naan are hot off the skillet, the cheese melts into gooey cheesy mess…yummy!
Try this recipe, homemade naan is very easy to make, and you can serve them as an appetizer, before a meal, or go with an Indian meal.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 533 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 oz. active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Some oil, for greasing the skillet
- 4 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, add the sugar, warm water, and yeast together. Stir to combine well. The yeast should be activated when it becomes foamy, about 10 minutes. Transfer the flour to a flat surface and make a well in the middle. Add the yeast mixture, yoghurt, and oil, knead the dough until the surface becomes smooth and shiny, about 10 minutes. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place (for example: beside the stovetop or warm oven). The dough should double in size, about 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Roll the dough to a 8” circle using a rolling pin.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) over high heat and lightly grease the surface with some oil to avoid the dough from sticking to the skillet. Place the dough on the skillet. When it puffs up and bubbles and burnt spots appear, flip it over and cook the other side. Repeat the same until all dough are done.
- Mix the melted butter (warm it up in the microwave for a little bit) and add the garlic. Stir to mix well.
- Brush the naan with the garlic butter generously, then top each naan with some cheese. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
If the dough is sticky, add extra 2 more tablespoons of flour to bind the dough.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 533Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 17gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 64mgSodium 294mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 16g