Pineapple is great in Asian cooking, such as the Thai shrimp and pineapple curry recipe I shared last week.
Today, I am going to show you how to make a delicious chicken and pineapple fried rice.
I am sure everyone here has had Chinese fried rice as it’s one of the most popular Chinese recipe.
With the addition of pineapple, the regular chicken fried rice becomes so much more interesting, and delicious, because of the sweet tang of the pineapple.
It also helps to make the fried rice tastes less greasy as every bite is bursting with the freshness of the pineapple.
What I love most about this chicken and pineapple fried rice is the slightly caramelized taste of the pineapple, after stir-frying in the wok.
While the pineapple still tastes fresh and juicy, there is a little something as the sweetness is slightly caramelized.
It’s just delightful.
Many people ask me about overnight rice.
Put simply, it’s just basically rice from yesterday.
As the rice loses the moisture content, it’s perfect for fried rice so every single bit of rice is drier so your fried rice won’t be mushy and “wet.”
Whenever I go out to Chinese restaurants, I always ask for an extra serving of rice so I can just pack it back and keep in the fridge overnight.
The next day, I have the perfect overnight rice for my fried rice.
It’s so easy and you don’t even have to make steamed rice.
Anyway, here is my chicken and pineapple fried rice recipe.
I have a similar version of Thai pineapple fried rice if you are interested to check it out.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 622 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Chicken and Pineapple Fried Rice
- 3 cups overnight steamed rice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 3 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 6 oz. chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 cup pineapple cubes
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (defrost)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 3 dashes white pepper
- Break up the lumpy overnight rice with the back of the spoon or fork, or with your hand. Mix all the ingredients for the Seasonings in a small bowl.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in a wok over high heat and cook the eggs first. Use the spatula to break the eggs into small pieces. Set aside. Reheat the wok with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and stir-fry the garlic until aromatic.
- Add the chicken and pineapple pieces and stir-fry until the chicken is half-cooked, and the pineapple cubes are slightly caramelized before adding the mixed vegetables. Stir to combine well.
- Add the rice into the wok and use the spatula to stir-fry continuously until the all the ingredients are well blended. Add the Seasonings into the wok, blending it well with the rice and ingredients. Return the cooked eggs into the wok and combine with the rice. Dish out and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Thanks for your creative and tasty recipes
Thanks for all of your rummy recipes. This sounds so good as I am sure it is. It looks better than any take out fried rice I’ve ever had! Yum!
Thank you for the nice recipe. Have a Happy Saturday.