Pork Chop Brine
A brine is basically a liquidy solution to marinate pork chops. Pork chop brine keeps the pork chops moist and juicy, without drying them while cooking the chops.
You can use the brine before grilling, pan-frying, roasted or baked pork chops.
How to Brine Pork Chops
A basic pork chop brine recipe usually consists of 1/4 cup salt and 4 cups of water. Mix the brine well before using.
Below are the step-by-step:
- Brine the pork chops in a container filled with the brine for 2 hours in the refrigerator. Make sure both sides of the chops are covered by the brine.
- Remove the pork chops and discard the used brine.
- Rinse the pork chops with cold running water.
- Pat dry the pork chops with paper towels before cooking.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served with sides such as tomatoes, greens or salad. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 482 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 4 bone-in pork chops, 3/4-inch thick (7 cm/10 cm)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3/4 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 ounces fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 6-8 small dried chilies
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- Mint leaves
- Lightly season the pork chops with the salt.
- Mix all the ingredients for the Brine in a container or pot, just big enough for the pork chops. Marinade the pork chops in the Brine for at least 2 hours or best overnight.
- Before cooking, remove the pork chops from the Brine and let them come to room temperature. Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels.
- Heat the cooking oil in a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Pan-fry the pork chops for about 4-5 minutes each side. Transfer and wrap the pork chops with foil. Let them rest for 8-10 minutes before serving.
You can choose to use boneless pork chops. Adjust your cooking time accordingly.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 482Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 117mgSodium 1575mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 15gProtein 38g