A special occasion calls for a special, sinfully good dessert recipe, and a special season like the holidays call for that extra sinful, to-die-for dessert that you just want to indulge, and this chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake bar fits the bill.
It’s the combination of two of the best desserts: cheesecake and chocolate chip cookie dough, the holy grail of cookie bar!
This is a scrumptious treat that everyone loves and the sweet ending that everyone wants to indulge in and not have to feel guilty because it’s the holidays!
The good thing about this killer dessert is that they are quite easy to bake.
I love the flavors: the buttery cookie dough, the rich cheesecake, and the ever so pleasing chocolate chips in every bite.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bar is rather similar to the very popular Brownie Butter Cake…basically you get the best of both worlds in one dessert recipe.
This season, indulge in your sweet tooth and make this for your family and friends.
You won’t regret it, I can assure you.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bar Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bar - BEST cheesecake bar EVER with chocolate chips, cookie dough and cheesecake, every bite is sinfully sweet!
FOR THE CRUST
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 10 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper or foil allowing a little overhang and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2Mix the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes. Remove pan to a cooling rack. Do not turn your oven off.
- 3While the crust is cooling, prepare the chocolate chip cookie dough. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth and thoroughly combined, about 1 minute. Mix in the flour on low speed, and mix until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- 4In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla on low speed just until incorporated. Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust. Using your hand to form clumps. Flatten the clumps of dough in your palms to flatten them out a bit. Distribute the cookie dough onto the top of the cheesecake batter. Be sure to use all of the dough. You will cover most of the cheesecake batter.
- 5Bake for about 30 minutes, until the top feels dry and firm (the cookie dough) and the entire pan looks set if given a gentle shake. Move bars to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- 6Lift the bars out by the overhang; slice into desired size and store in the refrigerator. Serve cold or at room temperature.