Something I enjoy doing is stocking my pantry full of essentials. Knowing my kitchen typically has all the Asian spices, herbs and veggies necessary for preparing a healthy meal, I tend to purchase canned foods that serve multiple purposes, like coconut milk and chicken broth.
Chicken broth is wonderful for making soups, boiling vegetables and adding flavor to rice and other grains. I also like to thicken it up with cornstarch for main courses that need a bit more sauce. As for coconut milk, you’d be surprised at the options. Use it in desserts, instead of milk, to impart a tropical and sweet flavor. In terms of savory, curry is what comes to mind.
I’m sharing a Coconut Curry Noodle Bowl recipe to show you how both come together to create a perfect summer meal. Despite this dish being served warm, the lime juice paired with red curry paste and coconut milk keeps it light and refreshing. I also topped the bowl with tons of fresh herbs, shredded chicken and shrimp for a filling finish.
“Cans Get You Cooking”
Cans Get You Cooking showcases the nutrition, freshness and flavor canned foods offer. With a well-stocked pantry —or Cantry— you can get through the week with creative healthy, homemade meals.
– The can is one of the best ways to get food from farm to table – locking in nutrients at the peak of ripeness just hours after picking
– Using canned fruits and vegetables is a great way to add vitamins and minerals to your meals
– Cans help you save prep time and get a healthy meal on the table more often
– Canned foods are typically half the cost of frozen and 15 – 20% less than fresh
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- PREP TIME
- COOK TIME
- TOTAL TIME
- AVG RATINGBased on 15 Review(s)4.5
SUBSCRIBE TO RASA MALAYSIA NEWSLETTER AND GET EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX. If you try my recipe, please use hashtag #rasamalaysia on social media so I can see your creations! Follow me on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for new recipes, giveaways and more.