Something I enjoy doing is stocking my pantry full of essentials. Knowing my kitchen typically has all the Asian spices, herbs and veggies necessary for preparing a healthy meal, I tend to purchase canned foods that serve multiple purposes, like coconut milk and chicken broth.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Chicken broth is wonderful for making soups, boiling vegetables and adding flavor to rice and other grains. I also like to thicken it up with cornstarch for main courses that need a bit more sauce.
As for coconut milk, you’d be surprised at the options. Use it in desserts, instead of milk, to impart a tropical and sweet flavor. In terms of savory, curry is what comes to mind.
I’m sharing a Coconut Curry Noodle Bowl recipe to show you how both come together to create a perfect summer meal. Despite this dish being served warm, the lime juice paired with red curry paste and coconut milk keeps it light and refreshing. You can also turn this noodle bowl into green curry noodles.
I also topped the bowl with tons of fresh herbs, shredded chicken and shrimp for a filling finish.
“Cans Get You Cooking”
Cans Get You Cooking showcases the nutrition, freshness and flavor canned foods offer. With a well-stocked pantry —or Cantry— you can get through the week with creative healthy, homemade meals.
– The can is one of the best ways to get food from farm to table – locking in nutrients at the peak of ripeness just hours after picking
– Using canned fruits and vegetables is a great way to add vitamins and minerals to your meals
– Cans help you save prep time and get a healthy meal on the table more often
– Canned foods are typically half the cost of frozen and 15 – 20% less than fresh
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
Serve Coconut Curry Noodle Bowl with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 208 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Coconut Curry Noodle Bowl Recipe
Coconut Curry Noodle Bowl – incredibly delicious, light, and refreshing Coconut Curry Noodle Bowl topped with chicken, shrimp, & herbs.
- Thai basil leaves
- Thai chili peppers, chopped
- green onions, chopped
- cilantro, chopped
- 1In a pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add the chicken breast and boil until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate; shred when cooled. Cook the shrimp in the broth, and then transfer to a plate.
- 2Add the coconut milk, garlic, red curry paste and fish sauce to the broth. Mix until the paste is thoroughly incorporated. Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3In a separate pot, boil water and cook the ramen according to the package instructions. Drain and flush with cold water.
- 4Divide the noodles evenly between 4 bowls. Top with shrimp and chicken. Ladle the broth, as much or as little as you'd like, over the top. Garnish with toppings and serve with lime wedges.
Ramen noodles are suggested, but you can prepare any type of dried noodles. Also, feel free to utilize any meats and vegetables you'd like to customize the bowl.