I am a huge fan of Thai food and ramen. So this Thai Shrimp Noodle soup is a combination of my two favorite things and the end result is lip-smackingly delicious. The soup is everyone’s favorite Tom Yum.
Other Recipes You Might Like
What sets this Thai shrimp noodle soup apart from other recipes you will fine online is its authentic and amazing taste. You won’t find a better recipe online, I can guarantee you that.
It’s slightly different from my Tom Yum Noodle Soup recipe because I added evaporated cream in this recipe. It tastes like you are eating in Bangkok!
This recipe is perfect as a quick lunch or weeknight dinner. It’s filling and satisfying. Imagine springy ramen in a hot, spicy, creamy, sour, and savory Tom Yum soup, with succulent shrimp, plus mushrooms and tomatoes.
If you follow my recipe, I guarantee that you will slurp everything up and dry until nothing left in your bowl. Enjoy!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 201 calories per serving
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 2 packages instant ramen noodles
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 stalks lemongrass (white part only, pounded and bruised)
- 6 kaffir lime leaves (bruised)
- 5 slices fresh galangal
- 1 to tomato (cut into wedges)
- 6 oz. medium-sized shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 oz. white mushrooms, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons Nam Prik Pao (Thai roasted chili paste)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or to taste
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- cilantro leaves for garnishing
- Prepare the ramen noodles according to package instructions. Discard the seasoning packets. Cook to al dente, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- At the same time, bring the water to boil in another pot. Add the lemomngrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal and bring it to boil, 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, shrimp, mushrooms, and nam prik phao.
- Keep boiling until the shrimp is cooked through. Add the fish sauce and evaporated cream. Turn off the heat, add the noodles and lime juice. Stir to combine well. Garnish with the cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.