I am a huge fan of Thai food and ramen. So this Thai Shrimp Noodle soup is a combination of my two favorite things and the end result is lip-smackingly delicious. The soup is everyone’s favorite Tom Yum.
What sets this Thai shrimp noodle soup apart from other recipes you will fine online is its authentic and amazing taste. You won’t find a better recipe online, I can guarantee you that.
It’s slightly different from my Tom Yum Noodle Soup recipe because I added evaporated cream in this recipe. It tastes like you are eating in Bangkok!
This recipe is perfect as a quick lunch or weeknight dinner. It’s filling and satisfying. Imagine springy ramen in a hot, spicy, creamy, sour, and savory Tom Yum soup, with succulent shrimp, plus mushrooms and tomatoes.
If you follow my recipe, I guarantee that you will slurp everything up and dry until nothing left in your bowl. Enjoy!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 201 calories per serving
Pairs well with:
Thai Shrimp Noodle Soup Recipe
Thai Shrimp Noodle Soup – quick and easy Thai noodles made with ramen. Loaded with shrimp, mushrooms, herbs, tomatoes and mouthwatering Thai Tom Yum soup. So good!
- 2 packages instant ramen noodles
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 stalks lemongrass , white part only, pounded and bruised
- 6 kaffir lime leaves , bruised
- 5 slices fresh galangal
- 1 to tomato, cut into wedges
- 6 oz medium-sized shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 oz white mushrooms, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons Nam Prik Pao, Thai roasted chili paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or to taste
- 1/4 cup canned evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- cilantro leaves for garnishing
- 1Prepare the ramen noodles according to package instructions. Discard the seasoning packets. Cook to al dente, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- 2At the same time, bring the water to boil in another pot. Add the lemomngrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal and bring it to boil, 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, shrimp, mushrooms, and nam prik phao. Keep boiling until the shrimp is cooked through. Add the fish sauce and evaporated cream. Turn off the heat, add the noodles and lime juice. Stir to combine well. Garnish with the cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
If you can't find kaffir lime leaves or galangal, skip them. You can buy Nam Prik Pao from Amazon. You can't make a real and authentic Thai soup without it.