I had this creamy garlic thyme potatoes at a hotel’s buffet recently. It was so good that I had to take a picture and jotted down the ingredients so I could make it at home and share the recipe with you.
This creamy garlic thyme potatoes is an amazing side dish to make for any occasions. Imagine golden brown potatoes with blistered skin steeped in a creamy, buttery and savory sauce, with the aromas of thyme.
It’s really mouthwatering and goes well with just about anything.
Other Recipes You Might Like
For the best result, make sure you prepare the dish with a cast-iron skillet. Regular skillet works well, too, but cast-iron skillet is ideal as it adds an earthy nuance to the dish. Cook the potatoes first until the skin and the inside turn golden brown.
Make the cream sauce with butter, chicken broth and heavy cream. Slow cook and simmer until the potatoes are cooked through.
Serve this with any protein you like, and drizzle the buttery and rich cream sauce over a simple pasta or spaghetti and you will have the most amazing meal ever. These potatoes will go fast, I assure you!
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) baby potatoes, scrubbed and cut into halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1 pinch salt or to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) on high heat. When the skillet is fully heated and hot, add the olive oil. Cook the potatoes, with the skin side up first, until the potatoes turn golden brown. Turn the potatoes over and cook the skin until they turn brown. Push the potatoes to one side of the skillet and add the butter and garlic. Saute the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, whipping cream and thyme. Turn the heat to low and simmer the potatoes until they are cooked through, about 10 mins. Turn the potatoes while simmering. Add salt, sugar and cayenne pepper, stir to mix well. Turn off the heat and serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 293Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 41mgSodium 221mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 4g