Baked Chicken Legs Recipes
I have many recipes of oven baked chicken drumsticks; they are my favorite chicken recipes. Today, I am sharing this crazy easy recipe of baked chicken legs with you.
All you need are 5 pantry ingredients that you already have at home. What’s more, there is no marinade time, just mix and bake!
These chicken drumsticks are absolutely moist, juicy, delicious with crispy skin and BBQ flavors, thanks to the secret ingredient of Hickory Liquid Smoke.
Other Recipes You Might Like
How to Bake Chicken Legs?
To bake this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Chicken drumsticks/legs
- Lemon pepper seasonings
- Cayenne pepper
- Liquid smoke
These simple ingredients guarantee mouthwatering results. The liquid smoke adds the BBQ flavors to the chicken, making them BBQ restaurants quality.
How Long to Bake Chicken Legs?
For the best chicken drumsticks in oven, bake at 400°F or 204°C for 30-35 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken legs.
You want moist and juicy meat, and not dry and rubbery. DO NOT OVER BAKE.
To make sure that the meat is completely cooked through, use a meat thermometer and insert into the deepest part of the chicken leg closed to the bone. The internal temperature should be 165°F (75°C).
- Use your favorite bottled lemon pepper seasoning.
- Buy organic chicken drumsticks which are smaller in size. Bake longer if the size is bigger.
- Bake the chicken legs for 15 minutes, then turn over and bake for another 15-20 minutes. To have crispy skin, broil for 1 minute or until the skin crisps up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Bake the Chicken Legs at 375°F?
You sure can. Just bake for an extra 10 minutes if you use a lower temperature.
Use a meat thermometer to check doneness.
Can I Use Leg Quarters?
Yes, you can. Just cut up the leg quarters and separate the legs and thighs. Follow the easy recipe and you will have the same results.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 291 calories per serving.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
Serve this dish with side dishes, rice or pasta. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) chicken legs (chicken drumsticks)
- 2-1/4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon bottled lemon pepper seasoning
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Hickory Liquid Smoke
- pinch of salt
- chopped parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
- In a big bowl, add the chicken legs, honey, lemon pepper seasoning, cayenne pepper, liquid smoke and salt together. Stir to mix well.
- Arrange the chicken legs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Scoop the marinade on the chicken legs.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then turn over to the other side and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the chicken meat is just cooked through. Broil for 1 minute or until the skin turns golden brown and crispy. Garnish the baked chicken legs with chopped parsley, serve immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 291Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 120mgSodium 113mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 21g