This creamy lemon Parmesan mushrooms recipe is inspired by an airport lunch.
Yes, at the Los Angeles International Airport.
We had our lunch before taking off to Greece recently so we picked this restaurant serving hot foods.
And oh my, I am glad we ate there.
Other Recipes You Might Like
The restaurant serves buffet-style hot dishes and this was the side dish that day.
The mushrooms were steeped in the most amazing and flavorful lemony and creamy sauce, with Parmesan cheese!
The oregano infused the creamy sauce with its amazing aroma and I practically licked my plate dry.
If you love mushrooms, you should definitely make this recipe.
I prefer small brown mushrooms but white mushrooms will do.
This recipe takes only 15 minutes, and that includes quickly rinsing the mushrooms with water and then cutting off the stems.
Try my recipe, you and your family will be begging for more.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 312 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. (450 g) brown mushroooms, or white mushrooms, cleaned and stems trimmed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- lemon wedges, for garnish
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat. Add the olive oil and saute the garlic until slightly browned. Add the mushrooms and stir a few times. Add the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, salt, smoked paprika and oregano. Stir to combine all the ingredients well. Add the Parmesan cheese and cook until the cheese melts. Stir in the lemon juice. Remove from heat, garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 312Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 8gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 46mgSodium 720mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 15g