Fall is finally here in Southern California, which means that it’s time I make soups for my family. I love soups; as the temperature dips, nothing warms me up like a good bowl of hearty soups, such as cream of mushroom.
While I love regular cream-based, rich, thick, and heavy cream of mushroom, I developed this dairy-free recipe today.
I love trying out new ingredients and change things up a bit in the kitchen; in this case, I challenged myself to create delicious meat-and dairy-free versions of our favorite fall recipes.
This recipe is great for toddlers who are lactose-intolerant. I used Silk’s Almond Milk instead of heavy cream.
The nutty taste in the almond milk pairs perfectly well with the mushroom and vegetable stock. This recipe is also completely plant-based.
If you or your little ones have special dietary needs, this is a good recipe you should try this season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
Serve Dairy-free Cream of Mushroom With:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 8 oz. (226 g) white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup silk almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- Heat up a small saucepan on medium heat. Add the olive oil, saute the garlic and shallot until slightly browned. Add the mushroom and saute. Set aside half of the mushroom.
- Add the veggie stock and Silk Almond milk into the saucepan, and turn to low heat and simmer. When the soup thickens. Remove the sauce pan from the heat and use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. Add the reserved mushroom into the soup and continue to simmer for a few minutes. Add salt and black pepper, stir to combine well. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Serving Size1 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 250Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 0gSodium 1571mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 9g