I have made all kinds of chicken skewers and kebabs such as chicken satay, Greek chicken kebab, Japanese yakitori and this Filipino chicken skewers will complete my recipes of grilled chicken on skewers.
I like Filipino food and there is no better way to introduce this cuisine than these juicy, moist, sweet, savory dish.
Filipino food has been getting lots of media and attention in recent years, thanks to dishes such as the popular chicken adobo and other delicacies.
I strongly recommend this recipe to you if you are thinking to jazz up your backyard BBQ this year.
I love the taste structure and easy preparation of this simple recipe; these chicken skewers are done in a breeze, so easy.
One of the most important ingredients to keep the chicken skewers moist, tender and juicy is extra virgin olive oil and for that, my go to brand is Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
For the best results, remember to brush the chicken generously with the olive oil while grilling.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post by Pompeian. The text and opinions are all mine.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 376 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- Bamboo skewers
- 12 oz. (340 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 3/4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon banana ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch (2 cm) piece ginger, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Soak the bamboo skewers for 30 minutes.
- Marinate the chicken with the soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, banana ketchup, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper and lemon juice, for 30 minutes. Stir the chicken and the sauces together, coat well.
- Thread a few pieces of the chicken onto the bamboo skewers, repeat the same until all chicken cubes are threaded.
- Heat up an outdoor grill and grill the chicken skewers. Brush the Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the chicken while grilling. Turn over the skewers and grill the other side until both sides are slightly charred.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 376Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 109mgSodium 757mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 37g