How to Make Firecracker Shrimp
Firecracker Shrimp is basically an appetizer with shrimp wrapped in spring roll wrapper and deep-fried to golden perfection.
Fried firecracker shrimp is a treat to the taste buds, making everyone wanting and crazing for more after the first bite. They are sure to knock your socks off as they are so delicious.
To make firecracker shrimp, first you marinate the shrimp with some ginger juice plus other seasonings.
After marinating in the marinade, you then wrap the shrimp with spring roll skin and deep fry them to crispy perfection.
Devour these firecracker shrimp as soon as they are hot off the frying pan and set your tongue on fire with dollops of spicy Sriracha chili sauce.
Sit back, take a bite, and let the gingery and flavorful juice burst in your mouth…can you say mmm mmm good?!
Ingredients for Firecracker Shrimp
- Spring roll skin
- Red chili
- Lime juice
- White pepper
- Sesame oil and seeds
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Calories?
This recipe has 55 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This dish is best served as an appetizer with chili sauce. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 20 shrimps (shelled and deveined but leave the tail on)
- 20 pieces spring roll skins
- 1 stalk scallion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 red chili (finely chopped)
- Pat dry the shrimps with paper towels and marinate with the above ingredients and the ginger juice.
- Add in the finely chopped scallion and red chili. Marinate for 20 minutes. Wrap each shrimp with a spring roll skin.
- Heat up a frying pan with oil and deep fry the shrimp until light to golden brown. Serve hot.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.