April is always a happy month—Spring is in the air, flowers are blossoming, the sun is coming out to play, everywhere you go or turn to has a new and revived energy.
Spring is just a happy time and happy time calls for a smashing and happy recipe that everyone can enjoy and celebrate, such as this Flourless Chocolate Walnut Torte recipe.
Since Easter falls on this Sunday, I thought this recipe will be excellent for the family.
This Flourless Chocolate Walnut Torte is so easy to make, extremely decadent, rich, and a crowd pleaser.
The toasted walnut topping adds a nice nutty crunch and make the chocolate torte even better.
After baking, you need to chill the torte, preferably overnight.
So, if you are making this recipe for Easter Sunday, you can start making this Saturday.
The Martha Stewart Living Magazine April issue is available now at newsstand, so pick up a copy and check out all the amazing recipes now.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 424 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- unsalted butter, room temperature, for pan
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup ground toasted walnuts, plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Butter an 8-inch round cake pan. Line bottom with parchment; butter parchment and dust with cocoa.
- Melt 1/2 cup oil and 8 oz. (226 g) chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat; whisk in sugar. Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time. Whisk in cocoa, vanilla, and salt; fold in ground walnuts. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake until set, about 35 minutes. Let cool completely, preferably overnight. Run a knife around edge to loosen; remove from pan.
- Melt remaining 2 ounces chocolate and 1 teaspoon oil in same manner as in step 2; spread on cake. Sprinkle chopped walnuts in center. Cut into wedges; serve.
Serving Size10 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 424Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 16gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 67mgSodium 144mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 3gSugar 35gProtein 5g