Pomegranate, Mango & Longan Popsicles – the most refreshing and fruity popsicles ever with gorgeous colors and flavors.
Longan, Mango, & Pomegranate Popsicles
Longan, Mango, & Pomegranate Popsicles – the most refreshing and fruity popsicles ever with gorgeous colors and flavors; easy to make at home.
Can you believe that it’s almost August 2012?
Soon it will be Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Christmas.
Anyway, while summer lasts, I wanted to share a popsicle recipe with you.
I grew up with a lot of popsicles in Malaysia.
Back home in Penang, we could buy really cheap, colorful, and exotic-tasting popsicles that feature the abundant fruits found in Penang.
Fruits such as mangoes, longan (dragon eye fruit), lychees, rambutan, etc. are used to flavor the popsicle.
They are always tasty and beat the scorching heat.
This longan, mango, and pomegranate popsicle is a combination of some of my favorite flavors.
I made them over the weekend and Baby G (who is now 22 months old) really liked it.
He kept on saying “more, more.”
For the stay-at-home moms, try this recipe and enjoy mother-and-kid bonding, sharing a popsicle before summer ends.
If you have an Asian supermarket where you live, pick up a can of longan, lychees, or rambutan to flavor the popsicle, I am sure your kid will welcome the new taste and texture of these exotic fruits.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 24 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 can longan with syrup
- 18 fl ounces (530ml) mango juice
- 18 fl ounces (530ml) pomegranate juice
- 12.5 oz (370ml) Dixie paper cups
- 12 ice cream sticks
- 12 4 "x4" aluminum foil squares
- Drop 1 or 2 longan fruits into each paper cup. Add in 3 tablespoons (~1.5oz) of longan syrup. Place all the paper cups on a tray to level and freeze them for at least 2-3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and add 3 tablespoons of mango juice into each paper cups. Wrap the top of each paper cup with a 4"x4" aluminum foil square. Slit a hole in the center just wide enough for the ice cream stick. Insert the ice cream stick into the slit. Transfer to tray and into the freezer for another 2-3 hours.
- When the 2nd layer is frozen, remove the foil and add 3 tablespoons of pomegranate juice into each cup. Freeze for another 2-3 hours without the aluminum foil squares.
- When ready to serve, remove the paper cups from the freezer. Use your palm to warm up the side of the paper cups, and slowly slide the popsicles out by holding on the ice cream stick. Serve immediately.
You can substitute with your choice of fruit juices.
Serving Size12 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 24Unsaturated Fat 0gSodium 3mgCarbohydrates 5gSugar 5g