Can you believe that it’s almost August 2012?
Soon it will be Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Christmas.
Anyway, while summer lasts, I wanted to share a popsicle recipe with you.
I grew up with a lot of popsicles in Malaysia.
Back home in Penang, we could buy really cheap, colorful, and exotic-tasting popsicles that feature the abundant fruits found in Penang.
Fruits such as mangoes, longan (dragon eye fruit), lychees, rambutan, etc. are used to flavor the popsicle.
They are always tasty and beat the scorching heat.
This longan, mango, and pomegranate popsicle is a combination of some of my favorite flavors.
I made them over the weekend and Baby G (who is now 22 months old) really liked it.
He kept on saying “more, more.”
For the stay-at-home moms, try this recipe and enjoy mother-and-kid bonding, sharing a popsicle before summer ends.
If you have an Asian supermarket where you live, pick up a can of longan, lychees, or rambutan to flavor the popsicle, I am sure your kid will welcome the new taste and texture of these exotic fruits.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 24 calories per serving.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 12 4x4 aluminum foil squares
- 12 Ice cream sticks
- 12 12.5 oz Dixie Cups
- 1 can longan with syrup
- 18 oz. mango juice
- 18 oz. pomegranate juice
- Drop 1 or 2 longan fruits into each paper cup. Add in 3 tablespoons (1.5 oz.) of longan syrup. Place all the paper cups on a tray to level and freeze them for at least 2-3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and add 3 tablespoons of mango juice into each paper cups. Wrap the top of each paper cup with a 4"x4" aluminum foil square. Slit a hole in the center just wide enough for the ice cream stick. Insert the ice cream stick into the slit. Transfer to tray and into the freezer for another 2-3 hours.
- When the 2nd layer is frozen, remove the foil and add 3 tablespoons of pomegranate juice into each cup. Freeze for another 2-3 hours without the aluminum foil squares.
- When ready to serve, remove the paper cups from the freezer. Use your palm to warm up the side of the paper cups, and slowly slide the popsicles out by holding on the ice cream stick. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.