This recipe is the epitome of Chinese stir fries; silky, tender, velvety and juicy pieces of chicken marinated and coated with corn starch, and stir-fried with the delicious brown sauce.
If you follow my recipes, I am very sure you can make restaurant quality Chinese food at home that taste much better than takeout!
Now let’s talk about the secret techniques of making the best Mongolian chicken at home.
First of all, you will need ginger and garlic. They impart amazing aromas to the chicken.
Secondly, the sauce should be a bit thick but still runny, and not overly starchy.
Make this for dinner tonight and enjoy!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 328 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
Serve this dish with steamed rice. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 10 oz. boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes, (10oz.)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or Shaoxing rice wine, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oils
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 6 stalks scallions, cut into 2-inch strips
- white sesame, (optional)
- Marinate the chicken with soy sauce, rice wine (if using), sesame oil and corn starch. Stir to mix well. In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the Sauce together. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet or wok on high heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon oil and add the chicken. Toss and stir fry until the surface turns white but not completely cooked. Dish out and set aside. Clean up the skillet or wok with paper towels, and add the remaining 1 tablespoon cooking oil. When the oil is heated, add the garlic and ginger, stir fry until aromatic. Add the chicken and do a few quick stirs before adding the Sauce. Stir continuously until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through. Add the scallions, stir to combine well. Top the chicken with some sesame and serve immediately.
If you prefer beef, please click here for the Mongolian Beef recipe.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 328Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 9gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 90mgSodium 1424mgCarbohydrates 11gSugar 4gProtein 33g