After my contributor CP Choong made the ever so popular mini Nutella Cheesecake, she told me that she had some leftover Nutella and wanted to make Nutella Pound Cake.
It was a grand idea as it’s one of those baking recipes I have always wanted to attempt.
The idea of rich and buttery pound cake with Nutella swirls in between bites just set my mouth watering.
So here is the Nutella Pound Cake recipe that my contributor made.
She adapted the recipe from Food and Wine.
If you are a Nutella lover, you will absolutely go crazy for this cake as two (2) thick and gooey swirls of Nutella are happily sitting in the inside of the pound cake, so you will actually taste the richness of Nutella.
Just look at the pictures, the Nutella swirls are moist and come oozing out of the cake, so imagine sinking your teeth on a piece, or two, or more of the Nutella Pound Cake…ahhh, heavenly!
One thing that I have to warn you is to follow the instruction of cooling the cake for two hours before cutting it.
I know it’s hard to resist and you probably want to grab a piece right off the oven.
You have to wait for the Nutella to cool down so when you slice it, they will remain in swirls and pretty instead of messy and sticking to your knife.
So, resist the temptation and you will have the best looking—and utterly sinful—Nutella Pound Cake.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 404 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (8 oz. / 225 g / 1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, I used 1 cup
- 350 g (13 oz.) jar Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly grease and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan, tapping out any excess flour.
- In a glass measuring cup, lightly beat the eggs with the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the 1 1/2 cups of flour with the baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the butter with the sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- With the mixer at medium-low speed, gradually beat in the egg mixture until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 batches, beating at low speed between additions until just incorporated. Continue to beat for 30 seconds longer.
- Spread one-third of the batter in the prepared pan, then spread half of the Nutella on top. Repeat with another third of the batter and the remaining Nutella. Top with the remaining batter. Lightly swirl the Nutella into the batter with a butter knife. Do not overmix.
- Bake the cake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert the cake onto a wire rack, turn it right side up and let cool completely, about 2 hours. Cut the cake into slices and serve.
Serving Size9 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 404Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 24gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 126mgSodium 112mgCarbohydrates 68gFiber 2gSugar 48gProtein 6g