December 10, 2011
I have been looking for a great peanut brittle I found this one and I loved it.
Brian’s Peanut Brittle
BEST-EVER Peanut Brittle – crispy, crunchy, loaded with peanuts. This amazing peanut brittle is a must-have for holidays
2 cups sugar
1 cup white Karo syrup
1/2 cup of water
3 cups of raw Spanish peanuts
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking soda
Some butter to grease the pan
1 3-quart heavy sauce pot
1 Taylor stick type candy thermometer
1 wooden spoon
1 rimmed baking sheet
2. When it reaches 236 degrees add in the peanuts and cook until it reaches 294 degrees F on the thermometer. You should continue to stir frequently.
3. Grease the sheet pan with butter
4. When the candy reaches 294 degrees, remove from heat and stir in the salt and baking soda
5. You have to keep stirring, the candy will start to puff up. After all the candy is incorporated, you will need to quickly pour it into the greased sheet pan and spread it out evenly.
6. Let it cool completely and then break it in pieces.
7. Store in an airtight container.
My friend Brian is the sweetest guy on earth. I “met” Brian a couple of years ago via Twitter and finally we met in person this October when his family came to visit. He is my biggest fan and supporter and he is always there for me whenever I need to chat or vent.
Last December, Brian sent me a care package—a ziploc bag full of peanut brittle. At the first bite, I was immediately hooked. It was the BEST peanut brittle ever! This is not an over statement because I am not much a sweet tooth and I actually don’t like sweet stuff, but it was so good that I couldn’t stop munching away. This year, I waited anxiously for the holiday season, and without fail, my care package of peanut brittle arrived again and it was gone in no time…and I realized that I have to get Brian to share the recipe.
Brian’s recipe came from his mom. They are crunchy, sweet, aromatic, with loads of peanuts and sinfully decadent and addictive. Thanks to Brian for sharing his peanut brittle recipe, and now more people can enjoy this wonderful sweet treat. If you are on Twitter, please follow Brian at @blew1.
- AVG RATINGBased on 12 Review(s)4.5
SUBSCRIBE TO RASA MALAYSIA NEWSLETTER AND GET EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX. If you try my recipe, please use hashtag #rasamalaysia on social media so I can see your creations! Follow me on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for new recipes, giveaways and more.