They are all good but this year, I would like to share with you some new dessert recipes that are festive, made with your favorite Fall ingredients, and will sure to wow your family and guests. Let’s start with these dainty and sinfully delicious pumpkin cream puffs.
I am a huge fan of choux pastry. They are good as is without the filling, but when you stuff them with sweet pumpkin cream filling, like what we have here, we are talking about total deliciousness in a bite. Just look at these pictures, don’t you just want to eat your screen?
I wanted to thank my amazing baking assistant Kendoll for making and sharing this pumpkin cream puffs recipe with us. They are perfect for Thanksgiving, and a wonderful way to end the meal on a sweet note.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 241 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, or to taste, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place the butter, water, and salt in a heavy saucepan, and bring to a full rolling boil. Stir in the flour and beat vigorously until the mixture forms a ball. Place the dough ball in a mixing bowl, and beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding the next egg when the last one has been fully incorporated.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet, and bake until the puffs rise and are golden brown on top, with fully-cooked insides, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool before filling. Cut the cream puffs horizontally with a serrated knife.
- To make filling, place the cream in the work bowl of an electric mixer, and whip until beginning to thicken, about 1 minute. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar and pumpkin pie spice until well-mixed, and continue mixing until the cream forms soft peaks, about 3 minutes.
- Use a rubber spatula or wire whisk to fold 1/3 of the pumpkin puree into the whipped cream. Gently run the spatula through the center of the bowl, then around the sides of the bowl, repeating until fully incorporated. Add the remaining pumpkin puree, folding just until incorporated.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the pumpkin cream filling into each puff, and dust the top of each puff with confectioners' sugar and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice for garnish. Refrigerate leftovers.
Serving Size10 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 241Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 7gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 89mgSodium 149mgCarbohydrates 21gSugar 11gProtein 4g