Exciting things are happening in the Rasa Malaysia kitchen and I cant’ wait to tell you all about it.
I have found a perfect baking assistant to help me.
Please welcome Kendoll Baldwin and we will share a lot of AMAZING recipes that will make you swoon.
It’s pumpkin season and Halloween is practically days away, but it’s never too late to make this pumpkin pound cake.
This recipe is so easy, but so good.
The aroma of the pumpkin pie spice lingered in the kitchen but the taste is even better.
The cake is moist, utterly buttery, with just the right amount of sugar.
We topped the cake with some sliced almonds and that completely elevated the pumpkin pound cake into a new realm as every bite was nutty with a nice crunch and texture.
Go to the store and buy a can of pumpkin puree now…I assure you that this pumpkin pound cake recipe is a keeper.
It’s something you will want to make over and over again, not just for Fall or Halloween, but any time of the year.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 281 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, (1 1/ 2 sticks)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, (15 oz/ 425 g)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almond
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 4 mini loaf pans and set aside.
- Combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar and butter in a bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Continue beating, adding eggs one at a time, until well mixed. Add pumpkin; continue beating until well mixed. Add flour mixture alternately with milk; beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Spoon batter into the loaf pans and top with the sliced almond. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.
You may use a regular loaf pan to make the pumpkin pound cake, or double the measurement above to make a big pumpkin pound cake using a 12-cup Bundt pan.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 281Total Fat 47gSaturated Fat 24gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 215mgSodium 491mgCarbohydrates 102gFiber 5gSugar 53gProtein 15g