How do you turn a bucket of plain old vanilla ice cream into Matcha (green tea) ice cream without having to splurge US$3 per scoop at Japanese restaurants?
I learned this trick recently and thought I would share it with you, especially now when it’s summer and still sizzling hot outside.
You could always use a tub of ice cream, in green tea or Matcha flavor. With Labor Day coming up soon, this quick and easy recipe will come in handy for you.
Try this quick and easy Matcha (green tea) ice cream recipe and you will thank me for it.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 tub vanilla ice cream of your choice
- Matcha or green tea powder to taste
- Leave the ice cream out for 30 minutes to thaw or until they turn slightly soft. Add in a few tablespoons of matcha (green tea) powder to get to the desired taste you want.
- Stir and blend well with the ice cream. The ice cream should turn light green in color and tastes exotic with a slight tint of bitter flavor from the matcha.
- Freeze the ice cream and serve cold when ready.
Serving Size1 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 2Unsaturated Fat 0g