It’s been raining here so it’s cold and wet.
I have to fight the winter blues with lots of soupy and spicy foods such as this bowl of Sriracha Ramen.
Sriracha is one of my favorite ingredients as it jazzes everything I make into something better.
Other Recipes You Might Like
I just love the tingling heat in my palate.
I love ramen and I always have packets of instant ramen noodles in my pantry.
I know how we all feel about instant ramen; we love them but our minds are telling us that they are bad to our health.
So, I always toss away the MSG-laden seasoning packets and make my own broth, and just use the ramen noodles.
Here is what I always do: make the broth with chicken broth and then add dollops of Sriracha.
Add your favorite toppings of hard-boiled eggs with soft yolk, poached eggs, mushrooms, shrimp or chicken, and some greens, and you have a bowl of piping hot Sriracha ramen noodle soup that is so good this time of year!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 183 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 packs instant ramen
- 4 oz. peeled and deveined shrimp
- 4 oz. white mushrooms, sliced into halves
- 2-3 tablespoons sriracha or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, (optional)
- Place your eggs in a pot and add cold water. Make sure the water covers the eggs. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and set aside for 6 minutes. Rinse the eggs in cold water, peel off the shell and slice the eggs into halves. Set aside.
- Heat up the pot and add the chicken broth. Bring it to boil. Add the ramen and cook. When the ramen is about half done, add the shrimp, mushroom, Sriracha and sesame oil. Add the eggs, chopped scallion, salt and lime juice. Stir well and serve immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 183Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 307mgSodium 2591mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 21g