The Best Strawberry Scones
These strawberry scones make the perfect afternoon treat – they are crumbly yet moist, and contain the right amount of strawberries to make it delicious and tart.
When it’s strawberry season, there are plenty of fresh, big, juicy, sweet, ripe strawberries on sale.
This recipe uses them to their fullest – creating delicious scones!
Ingredients for Strawberry Scone Recipe
- Baking powder
- Whipping cream
- Granulated sugar
Frequently Asked Questions
Do scones have eggs?
Yes, my recipe contains eggs. This gives them a richer taste.
Why do my scones not rise?
If you’re having trouble with them, make sure that you are using fresh baking powder. Additionally, be sure not to knead the dough too much, and add just the right amount of flour.
Can you refrigerate scone dough overnight?
Yes, feel free to make the dough the night before, refrigerating it, and baking it in the morning!
How many calories?
This recipe has 209 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This dish is best served with jam, tea, or coffee. For a wonderful tea party, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 stick butter, cubed and chilled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- butter and strawberry jam, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add the cold butter and use your fingertips to pinch and rub until the butter is well incorporated. The mixture will resemble a coarse meal.
- Use a wooden spatula to combine the beaten egg and heavy cream into the dry ingredients until it forms a soft dough. Then stir in the strawberries.
- Lightly floured the working surface, use your hand and knead the dough until it comes together. Make the dough into a ball. Let it rest uncovered for 2-3 minutes.
- Dust more flour on top (if the dough is too wet) and pat it into a 9-inch round disc, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Using a floured knife, cut the dough into 8 wedges and arrange them 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- For the glaze, brush the scones with the heavy whipping cream and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Bake the scones for 18-20 minutes, until the bottom is lightly browned. Remove from oven and let them rest on the baking sheets for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter and strawberry jam.
Alternately, you can roll the dough into a 10 by 12 inches rectangle and cut into 8 triangular scones.
Serving Size8 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 209Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 59mgSodium 168mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 0gSugar 7gProtein 4g