Seafood Stew Recipe
Summertime just screams bounty from the sea and today I want to share this easy seafood stew recipe with you. This seafood soup is delicious; it’s the kind of seafood dish I love to eat!
Ingredients for Seafood Stew
The recipe calls for easy-to-get store ingredients:
- Fresh tomatoes
- White wine
Cooking all the ingredients together yields a delicious soup with lots of seafood and shellfish. This recipe is so easy to make but packed with flavors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Healthy?
Yes, this is a healthy recipe as seafood is loaded with protein and minerals. The stew is soupy with very little fat and oil, with healthy tomatoes.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This seafood stew is 227 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
The soup or broth is great with garlic bread. Sop up the briny seafood juice while eating, peeling, shelling the shellfish and seafood.
This meal is best served with other summer recipes. For a healthy summertime meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 12 jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined (reserve the shells))
- 2 dozen clams (scrubbed)
- 1 pound green or black mussels, scrubbed
- 8 large sea scallops
- 1 large ripe tomato (seeded and diced)
- 1 clove garlic (smashed and peeled, plus 1 Tablespoon finely chopped)
- 4 large parsley (plus 1/4 cup chopped)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In 6-quart pot, toast the Shrimp shells and the Garlic clove until the shells turn pink. Add Parsley and Water bring to boil, then boil for 5 minutes. Strain the broth and set aside.
- Get a new pot, add in Butter and Olive oil until butter is melted. Add the chopped Garlic and the Shallot until aromatic. Then add in the Wine and the shrimp broth, bring to boil. Once is boiling, add the Clams and Mussels, close the lid until the mussels and clams open.
- Then add in the Tomato, Scallops, Shrimps and chopped Parsley, stir evenly until cooked. Add in Salt and Pepper to taste, dish out and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.