Seafood Boil Recipe
It’s a great tradition to have friend and family together, sit around a big table and savor a delicious boiled seafood dinner.
This is the best and ultimate recipe just like New Orleans Louisiana, with a Cajun sauce that is fiery and addictive. This easy recipe took me only 30 minutes from start to finish.
Other Summer Seafood Recipes You Might Like
How to Make a Seafood Boil?
- Prepare the seasoning and the sauce in the recipe.
- Boil and cook all the ingredients together in a huge stock pot.
- Combine the seasoning sauce and the cooked seafood together.
Voila, you have the best summer dinner that you can enjoy with friends and family!
Ingredients for Seafood Boil
My recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- Homemade DIY seasonings with Old Bay seasoning, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, Louisiana hot sauce and sugar.
- Unsalted butter.
- Seafood such as shrimp, crawfish and clams.
- Corn on the cob.
I skipped crab, potatoes, and smoked sausage but you should add them to the dish if you have the ingredients.
Tips For Seafood Boil
- Use a big pot to boil the seafood. If you don’t have a tall and deep pot, you may boil and cook the seafood in batches.
- You may serve the seafood boil in a bag, using 1 gallon plastic bag.
- If you have plastic bags, mix the seafood and the sauce in the bag.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I Cook Seafood Boil in an Oven?
Yes, you sure can. If you don’t want to boil the seafood, you can mix the raw seafood and the sauce together on a sheet pan.
Bake in the oven at 425°F (220°C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until all ingredients are cooked through.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 580 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with Seafood Boil?
This meal is best served with a crusty bread. French fries or sweet potato fries also goes well with it. For a summer dinner party, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) head-on and shell-on shrimp, rinsed
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) crawfish, rinsed
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) Manila clams, rinsed and scrubbed
- water, for boiling
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 ears corn, cut off the cob into 2-inch pieces (5 cm)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 heads garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce
Seafood Boil Seasonings
- 4 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Rinse the shrimp with water, Use a pair of scissors to cut off the mustache and legs. Set aside. Soak the crawfish in water and rinse a few times until the water becomes clear. Rinse and scrub the Manila clams. Drain and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients of the Seafood Boil Seasoning in a bowl. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Fill a large stockpot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add the lemon halves, follow by the shrimp, crawfish, Manila clams and corns. Cover the stockpot and cook the seafood and corns until they turn red or cooked through, about 2 minutes. Drain the seafood and corns, discard the water and lemon. Set aside.
- While the seafood is cooking, in a big skillet over medium heat, add the butter and stir in the minced garlic. Saute the garlic for 1 minute (not brown). Add the Seafood Boil Seasoning and Louisiana hot sauce. Stir to mix the spicy butter sauce well. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the seafood and corn into the spicy sauce, stir to combine well. If you have a small skillet, mix the butter sauce and the seafood in two batches. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Cultural Chromatics. This is a Vietnamese-Cajun version of seafood boil, which in my honest opinion, so much better than traditional seafood boil.
I skipped potatoes and smoked sausage. Feel free to add 8 oz. of baby potatoes and 8 oz. of sausage in the seafood boil.
You may also add crab legs, blue swimmer crab, Dungeness crab and mussels in your seafood boil.
Amount Per Serving Calories 580Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 29gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 329mgSodium 999mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 3gSugar 8gProtein 31g