What is Scampi?
Scampi is a type of hard shell crustacean found in Italy. In American cooking, shrimp scampi often refers to a pasta dish where spaghetti or linguine is added to the shrimp.
Shrimp scampi recipe is also served alone without the pasta. In this case, the shrimps are sauteed with garlic lemon butter sauce.
When it comes to scampi, shrimp scampi is one of the most delicious ways to prepare shrimp and pasta. You can check out my shrimp scampi linguine recipe and also the plain shrimp scampi recipe. Both are utterly scrumptious!
Today, I am going to kick it up a notch and make seafood scampi. Seafood scampi is probably even better than shrimp scampi.
If you love seafood, you will definitely love this as it’s loaded with shrimp, squid and scallops. The spaghetti pretty much completes the dish.
There are all kinds of mixed seafood or seafood blend in the market, but I bought a packet of Trader Joe’s Seafood Blend which includes shrimp, squid and bay scallops.
You may also use mussels and/or clams in your seafood scampi. It’s totally up to you.
How to Make Scampi Sauce?
The scampi sauce is basically a lemon butter sauce. For my sauce, I used bottled clam juice to enhance the flavors of the sauce.
You may also add a few tablespoons of white wine in the sauce to add an extra layer of taste and aroma to the dish.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 317 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) Seafood Blend (shrimp, squid and scallops)
- 8 oz. (226 g) spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or to taste
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Rinse the Seafood Blend with cold water, drain and set aside. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, cook the spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat. Add the olive oil and butter. Saute the garlic until light brown. Add the Seafood Blend and ground black pepper. Stir and cook until they are half done. Add the clam juice, salt, crushed red pepper and lemon juice. Adjust the flavor by adding more salt and lemon juice.
- Transfer the spaghetti into the skillet, stir to combine well with the Seafood blend. Add the cherry tomatoes and chopped parsley. Mix well with spaghetti. Turn off the heat and serve immediately.
You may use chicken broth if you do not have clam juice. For the Seafood Blend, I recommend Trader Joe's Seafood Blend. You may add mussels and/or clams to the seafood. You may also buy other frozen mixed seafood packet.
Add a few tablespoons of white wine to the sauce if you want.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 317Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 8gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 411mgSodium 1785mgCarbohydrates 67gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 42g