Shrimp scampi is a popular Italian-American recipe with succulent shrimp in a shrimp scampi sauce made with garlic, butter, lemon juice, white wine and herb.
This easy shrimp scampi recipe is quick for dinner because it takes only 15 minutes to make from start to finish.
The shrimp and sauce are usually added to pasta such as linguine or angel hair pasta, just like Red Lobster or Olive Garden restaurants.
Shrimp Scampi Sauce
Other than shrimp, the soul of the dish lies in the mouthwatering sauce made of the following ingredients:
- Minced garlic
- White wine, such as fruity Chardonnay
- Lemon juice
- Italian parsley
White wine such as Chardonnay adds the iconic flavor to the sauce, which goes well with pasta such as linguine or angel hair pasta.
How to Make Shrimp Scampi?
This is the best shrimp scampi recipe and it takes only 15 minutes from start to finish.
First, heat up a skillet and saute the garlic and shrimp. Next, season the shrimp with salt and cayenne pepper and add white wine and lemon juice.
As soon as the shrimps turn opaque, they are cooked. Add the parsley and serve the shrimp with lemon wedges.
For the best results, please follow my cooking tips below:
- Use frozen peeled, deveined, and tail-on shrimp.
- Thaw the shrimp at room temperature before cooking.
- The shortest way to thaw frozen shrimp is to soak them in water for about 5-10 minutes. Drain the water and pat the shrimp dry with paper towels.
- Use a cast-iron skillet to saute and cook the shrimp. Cast-iron skillet retains high heat and spread heat evenly, making sure the shrimp cooks evenly with the scampi sauce.
- White wine is the secret ingredient. Use fruity white wine for the best recipe.
- To make the recipe without wine, please use chicken broth as a substitute for white wine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make the Scampi Sauce Creamy?
Yes, you can. To make creamy shrimp scampi, you can add whipping cream to the sauce.
Is This Recipe Keto Friendly?
Yes, it is keto friendly because shrimp contain no carbs. Other ingredients used in the recipe are also ketogenic.
As long as you serve the shrimp without any pasta, this recipe low in calories, keto and zero carb.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 174 calories per serving.
What Side Dishes Go Well with This Recipe?
Shrimp is best served with healthy side dishes such as vegetables or salad. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
Serving Size 3
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 353mgSodium 1695mgFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 37g