What Is Thai Beef Salad?
Thai Beef Salad is a healthy salad recipe with tender greens and perfectly seared beef in a dressing that is packed with lots of exotic flavor.
As a busy mom, this Thai beef salad recipe fits my bill as sometimes my days are so packed that I have no time to prepare even the simplest of meals. Easy salads save my life.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients for Thai Salad Dressing
- Lime Juice
- Fish sauce
- Red birds eye chilies
Frequently Asked Questions for Thai Salad
This salad is so quick and easy to make, and the taste is always refreshing and light.
What Kind of Beef Should You Use for Thai Beef Salad?
I like grilled top sirloin steak or trimmed rib eye steak for authenticity. Both are excellent choices as the beef is meaty, lean, juicy and flavorful. They also go well with the herbs and fish sauce dressing.
How Many Calories?
This salad has 531 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This meal is best served with Thai sides. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (400 g) grilled top sirloin or trimmed rib eye steak
- A tiny bit of cooking oil
For the salad:
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 thinly sliced shallots
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes cut in halves
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup (5 tablespoons) lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce (5 tablespoons)
- Sugar to taste
- 1- 2 red birds eye chilies finely chopped, depending on how hot you like it
- Preheat a pan on high heat until very hot. Add a bit of cooking oil and spread it evenly across the bottom. Let the steak sit in the pan for around a minute to get a nice crust. Flip over the steak and repeat. Reduce heat to medium and cook to your liking. Wrap the meat in aluminum foil and allow resting for about 5 – 10 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
- In a bowl whisk together fish sauce, lime juice, bird's eye chilies and sugar to taste. Toss in the mint leaves, cilantro, shallots and cherry tomatoes and mix well. Serve the salad mix on top of a bed of spinach and drizzle some of the dressing over.
If you have the access to a grill, this will produce even better results. Cooking time of the steak depend on how thick it is and if you prefer it rare, medium rare or well done. For a less spicy alternative, use fresh red finger length chilies with seeds and central stem removed. Temper the meat by letting it rest in room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling/cooking.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 531Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 138mgSodium 2421mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 49g