Panko-crusted Soft Shell Crab with Ginger Ponzu Sauce RecipeApril 28th, 2007Recipes, Eating Light, Recipes, Japanese Recipes, Recipes34 Comments
Recipe: Panko-crusted Soft Shell Crab with Ginger Ponzu Sauce
4 soft shell crabs
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1/2 cup Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
Salt & black pepper
1 box radish sprouts
5 tablespoons Ponzu sauce
1/2 inch fresh ginger (grated)
- Heat up vegetable oil to 300 degrees in a deep pot or deep fryer.
- Clean the crabs with water and blot them dry with paper towels.
- Coat crabs with the egg and then panko. Make sure that the crabs are well-coated with panko before you fry them.
- Deep fry each crab separately until the shell turns red and the panko becomes golden brown.
- Remove and drain crabs; set aside.
- Discard the roots of the radish sprouts.
- Season the radish sprouts with a little olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Mix the ponzu sauce with the grated ginger and transfer to a small serving bowl.
- On a plate, serve the crabs on a bed of radish sprouts and the ponzu sauce.
Other Japanese Recipes: