It’s November starting this weekend so holiday season is not that far off now. Are you starting to think of the many parties and family get-together? I am not sure about you, I have been thinking of all the delicious food, cookies, and sweet desserts that I am going to make and eat soon.
Today, I would like to share a perfect appetizer that will appeal to all your guests, then you have definitely got to try this Chicken Lollipop recipe.
Bite-size finger foods are always a hit at any social events, especially if it’s on a stick and so easy to prepare (no skewers needed). Yet the result is so scrumptious, flavorful and has a cool name like Chicken Lollipop.
Other Recipes You Might Like
The basic idea of the chicken lollipop is to cut the meat around the base of the chicken wing drumette and pull it towards the top so it’s shaped like a lollipop. The great thing about it is the many ways that you can choose to prepare it.
You can fry it as it is, bread it, or even bacon-wrap it before frying. But today, I am sharing with you this chicken lollipop recipe that you can just bake in the oven.
For now, I’m all in for a simple and delicious chicken lollipop with an Asian flair—with Hoisin and ginger marinade. The ingredients can be purchased easily from any stores now.
Go to the ethnic food section of your regular supermarket and I am sure you can find hoisin sauce, a sweet savory sauce used in Chinese and Asian cooking.
The choices of dipping sauces are practically limitless: spicy garlic chili sauce, sweet chili sauce, ketchup, or anything you like. Either way, these amazing chicken lollipops are just so juicy, succulent, and such a treat to the entire family, including picky eaters.
One tip which I am going to share: wrap your bone part with aluminum foil so the overall presentation looks great, plus it’s cleaner to just hold it on the hand. And we all don’t have to be reminded that we are holding onto the bone of the drumette.
Serve Baked Chicken Lollipop with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 235 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 10 chicken drumettes, skin attached, cleaned and pat-dry
- Using a pair of scissors or knife, cut the skin and tendons around the base of each drumette. Peel, scrape and push the meat down to the thick end, from top to bottom making into a ball of lollipop shape. Cut off the knuckle end with scissors or knife. Repeat with remaining chicken drumettes.
- In a bowl, prepare the Marinade ingredients. Add in the chicken drumettes, coat well and marinate for at least 1 hour, or best overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Arrange the chicken drumettes on the wire rack set over a baking pan. Bake until the chicken is nicely browned and slightly charred, and completely cooked through, for about 35 minutes.
- Serve with the dipping sauce of your choice. They are delicious as is without any dipping sauce.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 235Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 62mgSodium 519mgCarbohydrates 11gSugar 7gProtein 15g