It’s back-to-school season and I am testing out a variety of new recipes for my first-grader.
The good news about little G is that he is starting to eat salad (thank goodness!) and I can’t be happier as it opens up a variety of quick, easy and healthy recipes that I can make for him on those busy weeknights.
Other Recipes You Might Like
One of the recipes that little G love is this amazing Strawberry and Apple Chicken Sausage Salad, made with his favorite Johnsonville® Apple Chicken Sausage.
He loves all kinds of sausages but one of his absolute favorites is the Apple Chicken Sausage links.
He enjoys eating this Apple Chicken Sausage salad and always ask for seconds.
As a busy mom, I am all about making quick meals with quality products and I can always count on the products from Johnsonville®.
If you are not sure what to make for your little ones, I wanted to let you know that Johnsonville has a Sausage Support Center – a special hotline that helps families struggling with the back to school time-crunch.
You can always pick up the phone, call or text them, and there will be a real-live Johnsonville employee helping you.
The Sausage Support Center can be reached by dialing 844-9-SAUSAGE or TEXT 97406 (to the Bob Bot).
It’s live during the work week, 24/7 for 9 weekdays from September 5th (Tuesday) to September 8th (Friday).
It reopens again from September 11th (Monday) to September 15th (Friday). Weekends are close. So, call or text Johnsonville and and talk to their employee Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin.
They will share recipe ideas, time saving tips and even step-by-step instructions!
For more information, please visit www.sausagesupportcenter.com, and do pick up Johnsonville® products the next time you shop. Enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 495 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 2 links Johnsonville® Apple Chicken Sausage (sliced)
- 1 package pre-washed spring mixed greens
- 6 fresh strawberries (sliced)
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup low-fat feta cheese (crumbled)
- In a small bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar, honey and oil together. Whisk well. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, lightly brown the Johnsonville® Apple Chicken Sausage slices. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spring mixed greens, strawberries, walnuts, feta cheese and sausage. Pour the dressing over the salad. Gently toss and mix well. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.