The Best Grilled Chicken
What is better than chili lime chicken? This ridiculously delicious, absolutely mouthwatering and you-just-want-to-eat-them-off-your-screen chipotle lime grilled chicken. I bet you are hungry just by looking at my pictures here.
Needless to say, my entire fridge is filled with fresh limes, bunches of cilantro and lots of chicken thighs. Good things happen when you marinate chicken (skin-on please) with lots of lime, cilantro, and spice it up with some heat, for example: chipotle chili powder.
This chipotle lime grilled chicken is SO good. The crispy and slightly charred skin, moist, juicy and citrusy chicken meat bursting with the flavors of the marinade, with the signature smoky heat from chipotle chili powder.
Ingredients for Chipotle Chicken Marinade
- Lime juice
- Chipotle chili powder
- Olive oil
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I grill the perfect chicken breast?
Keep at medium heat covered for about 5-7 minutes, then flip it over. Grill for another 5-7 minutes, or until the thermometer reads 165°.
Is it healthy to eat grilled chicken?
Yes, chicken is high in protein and also low in calories. It is very useful in diets working to shed body fat.
Does this recipe have to be grilled?
No. You can make it anytime with a cast-iron grill pan or regular skillet, or bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes at 400F. The end result is always amazing.
How many calories?
This recipe has 278 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served as the main course. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
Pairs well with:
- 2 - 2.5 lbs skin on chicken thighs, deboned
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder, or more to taste
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Leave the skin on the chicken thighs but remove the bones by cutting two slits along the sides of the bone. Rinse the chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk all the Marinade ingredients until well combined. Save some of the Marinade for basting. Add chicken to the Marinade, make sure to stir and coat the chicken evenly. Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Fire up the grill, brush a little bit of the Marinade plus the garlic, cilantro and jalapeno on top of the chicken and grill them until they turn golden brown and charred on both sides. Serve immediately with some fresh lime wedges.
You may cook the chicken in an oven at 400F for about 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown and charred. You may also cook the chicken on stovetop using a regular skillet or cast-iron grilled pan.
Click for Conversion Tool.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 278Total Fat 98gSaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 500mgSodium 1574mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 83g