How to Make Chocolate Fondue
You don’t have to dine out to enjoy a rich chocolate fondue, you can enjoy it at the comfort of your home, where you and your loved ones can personally play with the food, dip just about anything you two like, and really enjoy the experience.
What’s more, chocolate fondue is so easy to make and you can practically have the dessert ready in 15 minutes!
If you are not familiar with fondue, the term “fondue” comes from the French word “fondre” which means to melt.
In this customary method of fondue cooking, long forks or skewers are used to dip pieces of food into a fondue pot filled with melted chocolate or sauces.
Ingredients for Chocolate Fondue Recipe
This dessert recipe only requires a few ingredients:
- Dark chocolate
- Heavy whipping cream
- Fruits or marshmallows to dip
Frequently Asked Questions
What do you serve with chocolate fondue?
Feel free to be imaginative! You can dip cake, pretzels, strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, cookies, or rice krispies!
What’s the best chocolate for melting?
Dark chocolate is the best for melting, and white chocolate is the hardest and it burns very easily.
How many calories?
This recipe has 310 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This dish is best served as dessert. For other delicious desserts to pair, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 8 oz dark chocolate
- 100 ml heavy whipping cream
- 100 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- strawberry, banana, marshmallows, and/or cookies
- Break the chocolate into pieces and add it to the whipped cream and milk in a saucepan. Heat up the saucepan on low heat and gently stir the mixture until totally melted. Add the butter and stir to combine well with the chocolate sauce.
- Transfer the chocolate sauce to the fondue pot. Light up the fondue burner and dip your favorite fruits, marshmallows, or cookies into the the chocolate sauce and enjoy.
Serving Size6 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 310Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 30mgSodium 37mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 4gSugar 9gProtein 3g