The Best Hasselback Potatoes
These delicious hasselback potatoes are roasted with olive oil, garlic, butter, parsley, thyme and lemon. It’s really very easy and the only seasonings you will need are black pepper and salt.
While we all love fried potatoes such as chips and fries, the reality is that most people hate deep-frying at home. Deep-frying can be so messy, and many people dread the deep-frying aftermath.
There are so many ways of preparing potatoes and baking/roasting is definitely one of the easiest options.
After an hour in the oven, magic happens and you have the most amazing, tender, aromatic, and absolutely flavorful roasted potatoes.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients for Garlic Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Baby potatoes
- Salt and pepper
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you cut hasselback potatoes?
For a foolproof way of cutting hasselback potatoes, lay the potato on its flattest side between two chopsticks horizontally and cut vertically through the potato. This will make sure you don’t cut all the way through the potato. Then, add all the delicious ingredients in between the slices.
Why are they called Hasselback potatoes?
The name comes from the Swedish restaurant it came from, Hasselbacken.
How many calories?
This recipe has 393 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served with a main dish. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
Pairs well with:
Garlic Herb Hasselback Potatoes Recipe
Garlic Herb Hasselback Potatoes - baked garlic potatoes with herb, olive oil butter and lemon. The best homemade roasted potatoes recipe ever.
- 1 1/2 pounds baby, small or fingerling potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 heads garlic, top trimmed
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
- 5-6 sprigs thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350F. Cut slits on the potatoes, do not cut through. Place the potatoes in a roasting pan and brush with the olive oil and melted butter. Add the garlic, parsley, lemon and thyme in the pan, in between the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- 2Roast the potato for 1 hour, basting the oil mixture at 30 minute interval. Serve immediately after roasting.