Grilled Tomato Recipe
This Grilled Tomatoes recipe is filled with nutrition and fresh flavor. I just can’t get enough of it!
They have just a couple ingredients and only need to cook for a few minutes before they are ready to enjoy.
One of my favorite things about these Grilled Tomatoes is the slightly charred pieces that appear on the tomato skins.
It adds an authentic grilled flavor that takes this dish to the next level!
Other Recipes You Might Like
What to Season Grilled Tomatoes With?
Whenever my farmer’s market has fresh, fragrant tomatoes I just have to buy them.
Grilled Tomatoes are such a good side dish for pretty much any meal, and since this one is so quick to make it’s great for busy weeknights!
Simply heat the olive oil in a skillet over high heat, then toss the tomatoes in.
Let them cook for 1-2 minutes without touching them, then push them around in the pan with a spatula. You’ll notice some char marks, which add the best flavor!
How to Serve Grilled Tomatoes?
Here are a few ways you could enjoy these tomatoes:
- In a salad
- On top of chicken or fish
- With pasta
- By themselves as a tasty side!
What Tomatoes Can I Use for Grilled Tomatoes?
It is a really light, fresh side dish.
You can use grape or cherry tomatoes for this recipe. I love heirloom tomatoes, the more colorful the better!
Grilled tomatoes are a really healthy side dish to serve with any meal.
How Many Calories Per Serving of Grilled Tomatoes?
Each serving of this side dish has only 71 calories!
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
Serve this dish with protein-based mains. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Lemon juice
- Rinse the grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes with cold running water. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat up a skillet on high heat. Add the olive oil. As soon as the olive oil is fully heated, add the garlic, saute until light brown. Add the tomatoes.
- Cook the tomatoes uninterrupted for 1-2 minutes, then toss and turn them around with a spatula. Char and burnt marks should appear on the surface of the grape tomatoes. Cook uninterrupted for another minute or so.
- Add the salt, chopped parsley and squirts of lemon juice. Stir to combine well with the pan grilled tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 71Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 71mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 1g