June is glorious, as it marks the beginning of summer, and everyone can’t wait to spend some time outdoor, fire up their grill, invite friends and family over for summer BBQ parties.
Drinking, eating, having conversations, enjoy the great outdoor living and nice, warm weather.
I, for one, can’t wait to try out a series of summer recipes that I have in mind, and more importantly, I can’t wait to share the recipes with you.
Other Recipes You Might Like
One of the ones that we love to go to with friends is in Tustin, which serves all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ.
I am not a fan of buffet because of the mediocre food but this joint serves great selection of meats and many Korean side dishes (ban chan), and all their meats are marinated to juicy perfection, with just the right balance of flavors.
I am instantly hooked and would go there often.
I am so lucky because I have a perfect recipe to refer to on Fine Cooking magazine. Oh boy, I am so happy I attempted the recipe, this Korean BBQ chicken is the bomb.
The chicken is bursting with intense flavors, extremely juicy, and the serving of the chicken with some rice, lettuce leaf (called ssam), and the ssamjang sauce is just brilliant.
I just couldn’t stop eating, they are really two thumbs way up!
This Korean BBQ Chicken (dak gogi) recipe is a must try. Serve the meat as a Korean lettuce wrap (ssam) and you have the wonderful combination of meat and vegetable, which is appetizing and very refreshing. Enjoy!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 399 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup, mul yut
- 1/3 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons Korean red chile flakes, gochugaru or crusted red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
To serve alongside:
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh long red chiles or big pinch of Korean chile threads
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds
- 16 lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- Ssamjang sauce
- In a large bowl, mixing all the ingredients of the Marinade together.
- Add the chicken to Marinade, make sure to stir coat the chicken evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Fire up the grill, brush a bit of oil on the surface. Grill the chicken until they turn golden brown and charred on both sides. Removed from grill cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch thick strips. Serve immediately with the Alongside.
To eat: put a small spoonful of rice inside a lettuce leaf, dab it with some sauce, and top with a piece of the chicken. Wrap and eat.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 399Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 5gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 145mgSodium 1404mgCarbohydrates 66gFiber 2gSugar 16gProtein 56g