I have always loved sandwich cookies and my favorite ones are Linzer cookies.
Other Recipes You Might Like
These gorgeous looking cookies—said to have originated from Austria—are made with a buttery and crumbly dough with a spread of jam and dusted generously with powdered sugar; every bite is fruity and sweet, I absolutely love eating them.
When I chanced upon this recipe on Little Spice Jar, I knew that I just had to make them.
Making these Linzer Cookies are so much fun. First you roll out the dough and cut them out, and then you cut out a tiny little star shape or any shape you like, spread your favorite jam and bake them.
After they are out of the oven, you top them with a ton of powdered sugar.
I just love how cute and beautiful they are.
Linzer cookies are perfect as Christmas gift.
Make a bunch and I am sure your friends, family and neighbors would love these!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 151 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 sticks (8 oz. /226 g) salted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks
- powdered sugar
- raspberry jam
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Attached the paddle attachment to your stand mixer and cream the butter and 1/2 cup of sugar, about 1 minute. Mix in the egg and the vanilla extract. Turn the mixer to low speed and add in the almond flour. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Form the dough into 2 even-sized balls, flatten each into a 6-inch round disk and wrap each one separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Dust the work surface with some flour, roll out one dough into 1/8 inch thickness. Cut using a Linzer cookie cutter or a medium round or fluted cookie cutter for one dough. For the other dough, use a smaller star-shaped cutter to cut out the center. Carefully transfer to baking sheet. Assemble the cutouts and use up all dough.
- Place the cookie about 1-inch apart from each other on baking tray. Bake the cookies for 9-12 minutes. Let cool. Spread cookies with raspberry jam over the whole rounded circles, top with star cut out circles, and dust with powdered sugar. Store in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days.
Serving Size24 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 151Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 36mgSodium 68mgCarbohydrates 13gSugar 4gProtein 2g