Do I need yeast to make a quick bread recipe?
One of the nicest things about making quick breads is how quick and easy they are to make. Rather than using yeast to help the bread rise, quick bread recipes call for baking soda, baking powder, or both.
Those types of leavening agents cause batter to rise while it’s baking in the oven. As a result, you won’t have to wait very long to enjoy a slice of Pina Colada bread!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Is there alcohol in Pina Colada bread?
So that everyone in the family can enjoy the bread, this quick bread recipe is non-alcoholic. If you want the bread to have rum flavor, it isn’t a problem. Just add 1/4 teaspoon of rum extract or a tablespoon of actual rum to the batter.
Can I freeze quick bread?
Yes, you can freeze this bread, which is a great thing, because it makes fantastic hostess gifts.
To freeze the Pina Colada bread, wait until the loaf is completely cool first. Then, tightly cover it with plastic wrap, followed by a layer of aluminum foil.
If properly wrapped, the quick bread should keep well frozen for 3 to 4 months.
Will this quick bread recipe work for muffins?
Most recipes for quick bread are easy to convert for making muffins instead. Just line a cupcake pan with paper liners and grease them with non-stick cooking spray.
Fill the liners two-thirds full with Pina Colada bread batter, then add toasted shredded coconut on top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 18 to 22 minutes.
Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the muffin (or the loaf). If it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, the bread or muffins are ready to remove from the oven.
What Dishes to Serve with this Quick Bread Recipe?
This pina colada bread is best served with your favorite cup of coffee or tea. If you are having an afternoon tea party, I recommend the following recipes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 585 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- remaining coconut cream (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Grease 4 mini loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, melted butter, pineapple and its juice and 2/3 cup of coconut cream and Greek yogurt. Stir until blended. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Divide evenly among the 4 mini loaf pans and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove the bread to wire rack and let cool.
- Make the Topping: In a small bowl combine the remaining 1/3 cup coconut cream with the toasted coconut flakes. Spread over cooled loaves. Slice and serve immediately.
Recipe Source: Gather for Bread.
To toast coconut:
Spread the sweetened coconut flakes evenly on a baking sheet. Place in oven at 350 degrees F. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Stir a few times while baking.
You can also toast the sweetened coconut flakes on a skillet by stirring the coconut flakes back and forth with a wooden spatula until they turn golden brown.
Serving Size4 mini loaves
Amount Per Serving Calories 585Total Fat 55gSaturated Fat 40gCholesterol 184mgSodium 211mgCarbohydrates 127gFiber 8gSugar 47gProtein 18g